Skip to main content

... and Yes! I have a lot of things to be grateful for. So do you.

I used to be contented with my life. I don't have too much 'wants' because I feel that I have everything I have ever needed. But lately, I don't know why- I feel inferior, lacking or not good enough. Have you ever felt the same way too? I'm sure at one point in life, you did.

I am writing this blog just to release this awful feeling in me. Sometimes... to be honest with you, I feel like I am becoming the jealous type of person- and I don't want that. So as a counter-measure let me count my blessings. And let's focus on that instead of focusing on what I am missing.

I will enumerate my top 10 blessings. Things I am really really grateful for in this life.

Please note that the ones enumerated below are arranged in no order of importance!

1. Thankful that I have work. I am earning, saving and with that I have the ability to buy things that I need and want. With that I also have the ability to help out others in a way that other people can't.

2. Thankful that throughout my life, I have found loyal friends who are there through thick and thin. I only have a few but they are one of a kind. Special mention to Arlyne and her whole family as well as Kaye who is far from me but who I know is constantly there for me.

3. Thankful that I have all the basic necessities- clothes, shoes on my feet, food (sometimes gourmet food even), home that I can go back to (will have my own one soon!).

4. It's just you and me dear reader so let's be honest here... I am also thankful for those things that are not necessary but brings me a bit of pride and convenience that I have them- cellphone, laptop, tablet, cars... Those things that add glamour to my everyday life but are really not required- jewelry etc... Those things that are there for the fact that I love them- my collection of books, my collection of adorable notebooks, souvenir stickers/key chains/magnets... This part of me still did not grow up!

5. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to travel- see new places, experience other people's culture and of course taste their food...Not because I have plenty of money to splurge traveling the world but because life opened its doors for my dream to come true and I grabbed it!

6. I am thankful for all the nice memories created throughout my years of existence. Thankful also for those experiences that gave me lessons to be learned which eventually made me stronger- ohh, you just don't know what I've been through.

7. Thankful that I am one lucky girl. Yes, I am! It seems that everything I ever wanted comes true in the end. Believe me on this, my dreams do come true in one way or another.

8. Thankful that though I am not that close to my parents, they are still there. Thankful for my grandparents who were there for me and raised me up. If not for them, maybe I grew up in a different way. I like who I am and for that I owe them- big time,

9. Thankful that I found a sweet, supportive, caring, loving, faithful and handsome husband. What more can a girl ask? I'm not exaggerating about him... he has his flaws but that does not make me love him any less. He is truly a great person inside and out! and as I said- I am one lucky girl!

10. Thankful that I have God on my side. Figuratively walking with me every single day. Taking me out of awful situations, opening doors of opportunities, making me strong, making me smile.

11. Thankful that I am living my life to the fullest! That I can do whatever I can think of. That I have the freedom to say and do what I feel like doing- not everyone has that.

12. Thankful that I was able to get good education. It did not prepare me how to LIVE my life but it did help me a lot in the end..


Life is not the same for you and me. So one thing I learned is that- never ever try to compare. I am one lucky girl and there are so many things to be thankful for, I may not have what you have, but there are things that I do that you don't and that makes us equal.

Just be thankful for everything.. appreciate it. See.. I tried to count my top 10 blessings but I wasn't able to limit it to 10- it's even more than that! In fact, I have to add one last thing...

I am thankful that life is shining upon me and even though it's rainy or stormy at times- it always ends up with a rainbow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking with Clay Pots (a.k.a. Palayok)

Before anything else, kudos to my dad for showing me how to make fire out of a pile of wood! If that job was left to me, I would have toiled for hours with no avail! Well... I am just being honest ;) But anyway, I am very excited to show you what we cooked earlier, using an earthenware popular in the provinces, but unfortunately (and as far as I know), not here in Manila- especially now that electric stoves/ovens and induction cookers are the trend. Please do contradict me on this if you find my statement quite untrue. But what's amazing is that clay pots have been used for decades all over the globe- from Europe, Africa, Southeast and East Asia. It has been called different names and made into different shapes and sizes, but all of which have one basic purpose- to cook a tender and flavorful dish that would hopefully delight ones taste buds. The Philippine version of the clay pot is called "palayok" in Tagalog or "kulon" in some parts of Visayas. We used to

Philippine Independence Day Special: Salad Made from Pako (Fern) and Arosep/Lato (Seaweed)

Most of the time when it comes to making salad or ordering salad, we are not very interested as to where it came from. Most of us think that it is just pieces of leaves tossed in your choice of vinaigrette or dressing. All we are concerned about is that:  it is healthy (depends on how much dressing you put into it and the ingredients of that dressing... if it is full of mayonnaise then it's not as healthy as you think, my dear!) it cools us down (especially during a hot summer day where it is very nice to eat fresh salad cooled down in the fridge) it tastes divine (depending on your taste preference- the combination of ingredients and its special dressing/vinaigrette). But really... these salads have an origin. Just look at the way of preparation as well as the ingredients feautured in that salad- you will know! From Waldorf Salad of England to the Caesar Salad of Mexico* down to the Raita of India and the Greek salad of... obviously, Greece! But wait... how about our

Philippine blueberries?

Yes, I am not joking. There really are Philippine blueberries! I was actually amazed to discover this the first time I went for a climb to the summit of the 2nd largest mountain in the Philippines- Mount Pulag. My friends and I were concentrating on the rocky and sometimes slippery trail in front of us when our eyes caught movement on the side of the slope. There were locals bending over picking something from the bushes. At first, I thought, they were just picking some leaves either to eat or to use for medicinal purposes. But on closer inspection, the locals were actually eating what they have just picked right out of the bushes. That heightened my curiosity! So I asked them what they were eating.. And guess what?! They said they were blackberries (maybe they got used to calling it "blackberry" because of its color). They even offered some of their bounty for us to try. They were as small as beads, purplish, bluish, and sometimes red or black- depending on